My grandma has non hodgkin's lymphoma, is it predicted to me to have lymphoma in the future?

Dr. Jonathan Cheng
Radiation Oncology

In brief: NO IT DOES NOT!

Having a family member with non-hodgkin's lymphoma (nhl) may only put you at a slightly increased risk of getting it yourself.
But most people who get nhl don't have a relative who has had it, so it isn't a major risk factor. Here are some of the other possible risk factors: 1. Immune system deficiency 2. Automimmune disease 3. Exposure to certain chemicals or radiation 5. Certain infections.

In brief: NO IT DOES NOT!

Dr. Jonathan Cheng
Dr. Jonathan Cheng
Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Unlikely

Any family history of cancer, especially in first degree relatives, may slightly increase the risk, but the chances are still very small.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Steven Seres