Trying to stop using the bottle to get my 6 month old to sleep. Tips? Thank you

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Baby bottle

By now baby should be having baby food along with milk.
Introduce baby to sippy cups. May protests initially. Be patient w baby he or she eventually forget the bottle.

In brief: Baby bottle

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Wake eating

Over the years I have found it much more realistic to feed babies as they awaken, getting the main task of their infancy out of the way early.
Doing body maintenance & play until the kid is obviously tired is a great way to end the cycle, letting junior drift off to sleep. By not feeding as part of the sleep ritual you omit night feeds as babe gets older & capable of resettling in the night

In brief: Wake eating

In brief: Try to take the

bottle away from him/her when he/she gets sleepy, but is not totally asleep.
This will relax and soothe him/her and you'll know he/she is not hungry when going to sleep. Once he/she is able to do that, you can try to move the last feeding before bed to slightly earlier and put him/her to bed while tired, but awake. You may have to listen to some crying at first, but if you're patient, it will work

In brief: Try to take the

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Jonathan Jassey