How often should I get a physican exam? How do I select the right doctor?

Dr. Stephen Lorino

In brief: Yearly

After age 40, yearly.
Choose a doctor that you can relate to, will listen to your concerns and you don 't feel rushed.

In brief: Yearly

After age 40, yearly.
Dr. Stephen Lorino
Dr. Stephen Lorino
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Many considerations

There is no research to tell us how often you should get checkups, but once a year or so makes sense, mostly so you can keep up on new/changed recommendations.
My health checklist 2012 is a good iphone app that lists the current evidence-based preventive recommendations. To find the right doctor or nurse practitioner, start with word of mouth, and then try them out until you have a good fit.

In brief: Many considerations

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Vicken Poochikian