I've always wanted surgery and I have a kidney stone. What were the risks of a self kidney stone removal surgery?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Necessary?

For young age as you are, stone removal from kidney may be needed, when and how? These questions should be addressed by your urologist according to the size, shape, location of the stone, the history of spontaneous stone passage, and the symptom from the stones.
Besides, how to prevent further stone recurrence after current stone removal needs to be addressed before procedures. Talk with doctor.

In brief: Necessary?

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine