I have an IUD I am a week late and having some symptoms of pregnancy like breast tenderness and some nausea and high libdo took a test today it was -?

Dr. Yashica Robinson White
In brief: Likely OK
Continue to monitor your symptoms and repeat your pregnancy test if your symptoms persist or if your nausea worsens.
It is normal for some women to stop having menstrual cycles with the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud. If your pregnancy test is negative and your symptoms resolve, this is likely okay.

In brief: Likely OK
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Hector Chapa
In brief: IUD reliable.
A negative preg test, if done correctly, is pretty reliable.
Some iuds like mirena, (levonorgestrel) may alter your cycle. Copper t iuds are less likely to do so. There are a variety of reasons for your symptom. A negative pregnancy test is very reassuring you are not pregnant. Additionally, an iud is a very reliable form of bc.

In brief: IUD reliable.
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Adam Levy