Why might I wake up with a broken blood vessel(?) in my eye? Sat. Am 1/3 my right eye was blood red. Lessening each day but sunday it 'felt' odd2blink

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Coughed or sneezed?
At times, a forceful sneeze or cough can rupture a blood vessel under membrance of the eye--conjuntiva.
It is rather common and often causes no pain, only a scary looking eye. Often resolves completely w/o problems. Sometime, there is quite a bit of blood causing a thickening area and thus one can feel something there during a blink/eye movement etc... If u r concerned, consult doc. Good luck.

In brief: Coughed or sneezed?
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology
In brief: You did it
It is likely you rubbed your eye while you were asleep, and this caused the broken blood vessel.
These are ugly but harmless, and will resolve in a week or two.

In brief: You did it
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad