Im 56 year old male I have hard time reaching orgasm i can maintain an erection but do not climax always during intercourse cam meds effect this what?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Erectile Dysfunction

This common situation could be related to your heart, made worse by your heart condition or be completely separate from your heart and your heart medications (which you did not list).
In my clinic we first rule out testosterone, blood sugar disease, and thyroid problems with a man with your symptoms. Based upon this full evaluation then treatment can be started to correct the problem.

In brief: Erectile Dysfunction

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
But the problem can be managed and a plan can be developed that can bring you back to a regular and enjoyable sexual life in most cases.
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Maybe...

Go to see an expert to detail history and review medications with understanding the sequence of events.
Then something can be modified to help, but not always possible and occasionally impossible. So, you have to learn to cope with it. Good luck...

In brief: Maybe...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Andrea Brand