What is the relationship between vitamin d and heart attacks in women?

Unknown. Researchers have found an association between low vitamin d in women and heart attack. An association does not mean that low vitamin d causes heart attacks. Also, there are no studies that show that taking vitamin d supplements prevents heart attacks. If you're wondering about your vitamin d level, see your doctor. There are other reasons to take it, like bone strength.
Same as Men I think. Both parts of the framingham and nhanes studies found an increased association of heart disease including things like angina and heart attack in adults with low vitamin d levels. Not all doctors agree, but since replacement is fairly simple, i believe it quite appropriate to check it, at least every 2-3 years in my adult patients. Not sure if specifically greater risk in women/cardiac wise.