Yesterday I had an awful pain in left knee. Lasted an hour. I had blood clots before. How could they find it now.

DVT. It would be unusual for a blood clot to produce pain in the knee itself. Typically there is calf pain and tenderness and, at times, swelling of the leg. An ultrasound of the leg could diagnose the blood clot if it was present.
Knee. Pain could occur from meniscus compression, or collateral ligament pain, but typically located to or near the knee. A blood clot sometimes cause swelling and pain in or around the calf. U/s will help r/o clot.
Ultrasound. Blood clots in the leg are typically diagnosed by what is called a venous doppler study, a type of ultrasound. Pain in the knee that lasts for an hour and then goes away is not typical for a blood clot, especially if there were no other symptoms such as a noticeable swelling. However, with your history of having had blood clots, it would be wise for you to consult your doctor about this.