Had knee surgery 5 months ago for tibial plateau fracture, and my lateral ligament is still weak. Any recommendations?

Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tough to answer

The majority of tibial plateau fractures do not involve the lateral ligamentous structures.
In general, the lateral structures (fibular collateral, popliteofibular, popliteus, etc) require surgery to repair or reconstruct. I think your case is much better addressed with a specialist and careful review of the situation.

In brief: Tough to answer

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Lateral ligament

I would get an MRI to check the status of the ligament and also to make sure that the plateau fracture is adequately reduced.

In brief: Lateral ligament

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine