Doc says I have chest infection n gave anti biotics. How soon can I expect my shortness of breath to be relieved. He says I dun have bronchitis. ?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Monitor closely
If your dr is confident of the diagnosis of bronchitis ( no pulmonary emboli or asthma/ copd, pneumonia)the "shortness of breath" should improve gradually while the cough is disappearing.
It may take days or weeks, seldom 1 month or more. Shortness of breath should be monitored closely to make sure there is no serious condition causing the difficulty breathing.

In brief: Monitor closely
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Probable time..,,
If the antibiotics are effective for the infection you have, your symptoms should begin to improve within a few days even though it may take a week or 2 for the infection to completely resolve.
If your symptoms are worsening despite the antibiotic therapy, then you need to be re-seen by your doctor or in the er, depending on the severity of your symptoms.

In brief: Probable time..,,
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Vicken Poochikian