Just discovered I have mild facet arthropathy at l5/s1 on right side with spurring. Feel like my youth is over. Love to run/workout. Is it over?

No. You will get over this. It is not over, at least not yet ;). Start a physical therapy/exercise program, remember start slow and take your time to get back to health and strength. Look at all those athletes out there in the world, they take their sweet time before getting back on the field. It must all mean something...
No. Facet arthropathy is a radiologic term. In twenties male this radiologic description is not commonly correlate w. Experience of chronic pain generation. Doctors often chose radiologists' terms to explain symptoms when unable/incapable of determining other causes. See an osteopath for in-depth hands-on physical exam. "facet" diagnosis seems to be the current medical fashion. You need 2nd opinion.