I'm a 22 year old male who is 6ft 4 in tall and I weigh 164 lbs. I know that is pretty low for my height. I want to weigh around 180 lbs. Advice?

Dr. Traci Buxton

In brief: Build muscle

Addimg weight training exercises (not an excessive amount) will add bulk to your frame as will increasing the amount of protein and overall calories you take in.
It is still best to get calories from healthy sources rather than junk foods, as they can cause health problems in the long run.

In brief: Build muscle

Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Balance

To gain weight, you need to take in more calories than you use.
A healthy diet, rich in lean protein, combined with a weight training program can help you safely put on weight.

In brief: Balance

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine