Was on birth control for 5 years now stopped is my changes of getting endometrial cancer still decreased for years to come?

Yes. Birth-control pills reduce your lifetime risk of of ovarian and uterine cancer. The longer you're on them, the greater the risk reduction. Women who don't menstruate regularly (who have long gaps between their periods) also have a higher risk of uterine cancer. Birth-control pills are especially important for them. Maintaining a healthy weight and normal blood sugars are also important.