What is HPV virus?

HPV. Hpv is the most common sexually transmitted disease affecting up to 70% of the population. Although most infections resolve on their own it can lead to genital warts, abnormal pap smears and cancers of the cervix, vagina, anus, rectum, vulva, penis and throat.
The big family. HPV is actually a large family of different DNA virus strains of which more than a dozen cause problems with humans.The common wart is caused by one strain,but the ones that get the most attention now infect the genitals.There are at least 7 genital strains associated with cancer and 2 associated with genital (nor regular) warts.There are vaccines that help you avoid these if taken before exposure.