My 2 month old is constipated and is being fed both breast and bottle, is there anything I can do to alleviate the condition? Is mix milk responsible?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Constipation is....

Constipation really refers to difficulty in passng the stool.
If it hurts to go then the baby is generally constipated. Not the frequency of pooping or the firmness of the stools. The effort ! it could be a reaction to the formula or something you eat or both.

In brief: Constipation is....

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Kristen Stuppy

In brief: What is constipation

Many infants, especially breast fed infants, do not have a bowel movement daily.
Most infants grunt with passing gas or stool. Only if the stool is formed/hard do we call it constipation. Some babies do better with partially hydrolyzed (partly broken down milk protein) formulas if they are formula fed. If your baby's stools are hard and formed, speak with baby's doctor.

In brief: What is constipation

Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Adam Smith