I asked my gyn if Clomid (clomiphene) would help my chances of conceiving and he told me no because with me having pcos it would burst my ovaries.....Is this true?

Not true. I would ask more questions or get a second opinion. Clomid (clomiphene) is the first line choice for women with pcos to assist with ovulation. There is a slight risk of something called ovarian hyperstimulation but this would not cause the ovary to explode.
Clomid (clomiphene) and ovaries. Clomid (clomiphene) stimulates ovulation in patients with pcos who have irregular menses and infrequent ovulation. It is true that ovarian stimulation can result in significant increase in ovarian cyst formation, cysts large enough to occasionally "burst". Patients who are carefully monitored should not be concerned with this and take advantage of the benefit of Clomid (clomiphene) if they truly need help with ovulation.
No. Clomid (clomiphene) will not make your ovaries burst. That being said, unless your periods are irregular, Clomid (clomiphene) may not be the appropriate step at the time.