I am only 29 n think I have copd. Will I die early like in my 40s?

Dr. Mikhail Lyubich
In brief: See family doctor
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease happens most commonly in smokers.
Therefore if you smoke stop right now. Early COPD can be seen in cases of some congenital or heredatary conditions but many lung problems may act as copd. See your doctor for evaluation of your symptoms and spirometry.

In brief: See family doctor
Dr. Mikhail Lyubich
Dr. Mikhail Lyubich
2 comments
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Don't diagnose; get diagnosed. You haven't told us if you are short of breath at rest, on exercising, or if you smoke or have a family history. First see if it is what you have, unlikely in a man under 30 that does not smoke, than see what can be done to reverse if possible, then prognostications.
Dr. Martin Raff
As part of your evaluation you should be tested for alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency. It is unusual to have COPD at your age. See a pulmonologist.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Probably not...
Has this been definitely diagnosed by your doctor? To make this diagnosis, you probably need pulmonary function tests.
If you do have copd, the most important thing to do in order to slow disease progression is to quit smoking now, today! your doctor can help with this as well as prescribe treatment to control symptoms.

In brief: Probably not...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Arnon Rubin