I breathed in some poisonious fumes 2 days ago and now my throat is sore and raw from coughing. Should I go in to the hospital?

Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Poisonous fumes

Fumes from what? Industrial? Car fumes in enclosed area? Chemical burns?.
... Meth lab? Coughing so much as to cause sore throat means the bronchis are irritated and/or damaged. Urgent doc visit, even er where there are all equipment to assess the extend of damage. This problem aggravates rapidly and can kill directly or cause overhwelming of cardiovascular system and death.

In brief: Poisonous fumes

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Probably

Depending on the type of exposure, your lungs may be at risk.
You should have an initial evaluation by the emergency department or your primary care physician. Then, you may need follow up with a pulmonologist, depending on symptoms and initial findings.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine