Have shoulder aches for a few months . Could it be lung cancer? Shoulder isn't painful. I'm a non smoker

Dr. Ariel Lopez-chavez
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Unlikely but

Given that you are a non-smoker it is unlikely that your pain is due to lung cancer.
However, we definitely see lung cancer in never smokers. I advice that you see your primary care physician for a physical exam. Most likely it will be something else but it is better just to be seen by pcp.

In brief: Unlikely but

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Low on diff dx

In medicine, we often think of many possibilities for specific symptoms, called a "differential diagnosis list" and lung cancer for shoulder aches would be way down on the list, if even on the list at all.
I would see a dr and get the shoulder evaluated, properly diagnosed and then the best treatment would occur. Good luck.

In brief: Low on diff dx

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology