Is it better to take chondroitin alone or combined with glucosamine for knee pain?Plz advice

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Neither

The position of the american academy of orthopedic surgeons on glucosamine and chondroitan sulfate that it has showed no statistically significant benefit in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and they do not recommend using this product.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Surgery

In brief: May not be helpful

My orthopoedic associates have told me that there's no real data to support the regular use of the supplements glucosamine/chondroitin.
They recommend saving your money, and use Ibuprofen or Naproxen on an as needed basis. That's what i do. Good luck.

In brief: May not be helpful

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
This is the position by the American Academy of orthopedic surgeons and I agree.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil