Do anxious people die young...Im 32 with gad am i gonna die younger than my peers?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Not necessarily, but

Some research does link psychological distress in the form of anxiety and depression to earlier death: http://tinyurl.
Com/ceob7uf i agree with my colleagues about the need to work on your anxiety with a psychologist or psychiatrist who does psychotherapy. I agree with suggestions about healthy diet, exercise, and sleep too. That way, you can live your life -- rather than anxiety living you.

In brief: Not necessarily, but

Dr. Amir Azarnivar
Stress & Anxiety will increase production and secretion of Adreno-Cortico-Tropin Hormone from Pituitary Gland that is located under Hypothalamus (where we conceive Stress) that will cause secretion of "Stress Hormones" such as: "Adrenalin & Cortisol" from Adrenal Glands. These Hormones will increase our Blood Pressure & Heart Rate that can cause Stroke & Heart Attack and Kill us.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Yes, but don't worry

Research shows a wide range of less years - some include all types and severities and include suicide - some don't but 6 - 32 yrs seem to be what you risk.
But gaining mastery would change all that. Do therapy to learn how to live as well as you can - don't just take pills. Don't avoid health care or let fears stop you from doing things that are good for you and visa-versa. Relax!

In brief: Yes, but don't worry

Dr. Eric Weisman