My daughter has eczema, what are good soaps/shampoos to use? She's 4 yrs old. Is aveeno (oatmeal) great?

Dr. Lisa Gold

In brief: Suggested products

I like cetaphil cleanser for eczema - it is a non-soap cleanser and does not strip away the moisture the skin needs yet still cleans.
Shampoos? Something mild - i would still do j and j baby shampoo - assuming the skin issue is not on the scalp.

In brief: Suggested products

Dr. Lisa Gold
Dr. Lisa Gold
Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Eczema/shampoos

Aveeno (oatmeal) is fine, as are most of the fragrance free/low chemical shampoos.
However, if the eczema is affecting her scalp a lot, i would suggest a "tar" based shampoo at least once a week. Tar based shampoos are a type of medicated shampoo that really helps with chronic scalp conditions. They don't smell or look like tar that you think of on the street - so don't be scared off by that!

In brief: Eczema/shampoos

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Adam Levy