I've been switched from symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) to dulera. Any difference? Md changing me because i've had an asthma flare and he says the steroid is more potent.

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Clinical judgement

Both drugs are combo drugs: an inhaled corticosteroid and a long acting beta agonist laba (salmetrol) which both have, with a slightly different dosong, the main difference though is is in the corticosteroid part, symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) contains Budesonide while Dulera has mometsone, a relatively newer medicine and more potent, more important is adherence to treatment plan and regular follow up with ur md.

In brief: Clinical judgement

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology