What are the typical symptoms of someone who has a vitamin d deficiency i also suffer from low iron can the two go hand in hand?.

Dr. Thomas Knecht
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Consider GI absorpti

If the GI tract is dysfunctional (e.
g., celiac disease) or short (e.g., various bypass surgeries for obesity), absorption of vit. D and iron can both be affected.

In brief: Consider GI absorpti

If the GI tract is dysfunctional (e.
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: All gradual

The symptoms tend to be gradual as in the case of osteoporosis.
In my experience, some patients may develop an itchy skin rash from vitamin d deficiency (no published report ) as vit d3 is considered an immune regulator, some have considered its deficiency to play a role in multiple sclerosis. Another reported noted reduced response to inhaled steroid in children with asthma when vit d3 is low.

In brief: All gradual

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Andrea Brand