Is Paxil (paroxetine) or Prozac good for pmdd?

PMDD. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder has three fda approved treatments: fluoxetine (sarafem/prozac), paroxetine controlled release (paxil cr), and sertraline (zoloft). Side effects can be different on different medications. Discuss your specific case with your doctor/practitioner and let them help you decide which is best for you.
PMDD treatment. Ssris such as prozac, paxil, (paroxetine) sarafem, and zoloft may provide relief from many symptoms of pmdd. Taking birth control pills stops ovulation and can reduce pmdd symptoms. Non-medical treatment which may help includes regular exercise, healthy diet (limiting salt, sugar, caffeine, and alcohol), and supplements (calcium, magnesium, b6). Please talk to your doctor about what is right for you.