I ran in the 1/2 marathon last weekend and now my ankle hurts. There was no obvious injury during the race?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Most likely overuse
Follow the rice principle.
Rest, ice, compression and elevation. Stop running until soreness is gone, ice 20 min 1-2 times a day, ace wrap as needed and elevate as much as possible. Overuse injuries are common in endurance events. Better training, shoe gear and supports can many times reduce this possiblility. Good luck. See your foot specialist if this persists. Dr l.

In brief: Most likely overuse
Follow the rice principle.
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
In brief: Many things
During the race you may have simply turned your ankle.
If it persists you need to see a doctor to rule out such things as ankle sprain, tendonitis, stress fracture.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
In brief: Overuse
Could be overuse of the tendons around the ankle.
See if rest helps..If not get an x-ray.

In brief: Overuse
See if rest helps..If not get an x-ray.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine