How can I decrease the symptoms of my gallbladder?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: Fat

It depends on how severe , how frequent your attacks are Some manage with diet, weight loss etc.
others have surgery to have it removed. If you are not having severe symptoms you can probably just watch it. Avoid greasy food, oils fats. Weight loss. May want to repeat image in 6 months to ensure it looks normal.

In brief: Fat

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Cholecystectomy

Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) remains the "gold standard" for treatment of gallbladder disease.
It is a safe, usually simple operation, typically performed via minimally-invasive surgery. While there are methods to dissolve gallstones, they fail because the stones return. Avoiding fried and fatty foods may decrease the probability of attacks but is not foolproof.

In brief: Cholecystectomy

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen