Is pelvic inflammatory disease associated with cervical cancer?

Only in an. Indirect way. Pid is usually a clinical diagnosis of suspected painful infection in the parametrial (ovary/tubes) treated with antibiotics, presumed association with std equivalents. Cervix cancer is associated with multiple sexual partners, exposure and infection with a viral group called hpv's. Common link to both is sex, perhaps indiscriminate, multiple partners without safe sex.
No. The causes are different, but they are associated in the sense that a person with a proclivity of catch pelvic infections could easily catch both causes.