I took only one 500 mg tablet of cefuroxime axetil, before i read that it can make my birth control pill less effective. What should I do? :( can it?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Cefuroxime

Despite the longstanding belief that antibiotics interact with birth control pills, several studies have shown that few if any antibiotics increase the risk of pregnancy in women taking birth control pills.
There are failures of birth control pills in women both off and on antibiotics without major differences. Would suggest this is not a substantial risk.

In brief: Cefuroxime

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Jane Van Dis