Switching docs.What type of doc can I go talk about anxiety/depression/substance abuse/adhd. Do i bring all my prescription meds? What documents should I bring.

Dr. Jane Steiner

In brief: A Psychiatrist

There is no question in my mind that you should be seeing a psychiatrist if you want someone with whom you can discuss these problems and figure out the best course of treatment.
Yes, bring all the meds you are already on and if you can bring past records or maybe a list off what you've been on in the past--all that will be helpful to your new dr. You know what to do! good luck!

In brief: A Psychiatrist

Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr. Jane Steiner
2 comments
Dr. William Holmes
Agreed - it is always a good idea to bring to an appointment any information you think would be helpful. It's also good for you to write down questions or comments that you want to make sure get addressed in the appointment - sometimes it's easy to forget what you wanted to say or ask.
Dr. Jane Steiner
Good idea!
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: see below

An addiction psychiatrist is ideal, a general psychiatrist or addiction medicine specialist may also work depending on their competence.
Bring any prior psych testing.

In brief: see below

Bring any prior psych testing.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Cindy Juster