My 7 weeks daughter have very bad colic one of my friend told me about infant belly binder.I have never heard about this before. Is it good for bubs?

Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: College Fund

Save the money for your college fund! There is no evidence to suggest that these things work to improve colicky behavior. Anecdotally, I have found success holding colicky babies with their tummies down and palm across the belly, putting gentle pressure on it, at a 45 degree angle.
Rocking helps. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for the human touch to help colicky babies get through this.

In brief: College Fund

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Waste of time/money

People have assumed that colic was related to the intestines (colon) as far back as the 1700's with an original text of pediatric medicine.
It has little if anything to do with digestion . If you want to try this, fine, but make sure you have had the kids doc rule out treatable issues like gerd, uti's, etc.

In brief: Waste of time/money

Dr. Shontae Buffington