I'm taking plaqeunil, mobic, (meloxicam) prednisone for rheumatoid arthritis. Can I use phentermine for weight loss while on these other medications?

Dr. Scott Kahan
Bariatrics

In brief: Weight medications

The easy answer is "yes.
" however 1) the weight gain tendency caused (primarily) by Prednisone will continue, so consider finding an effective regimen for your RA and pain that doesn't cause weight gain. 2) Phentermine generally only works well for a short period of time. Most people who use it find that it wears off after several weeks or months. There may be better weight options besides phent.

In brief: Weight medications

The easy answer is "yes.
Dr. Martin Morell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: You

Can, but why are you still on Prednisone causes weight gain, while there are better combinations.
Watch for heart rate increases, blood pressure increases.

In brief: You

Dr. Vikram Patel