My doctor prescribed me three meds prednisone 25mg/day, symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) 400microgram/day , salbutamol 2puffs if i need. Does that means I have severe asthma?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt/workup

The severity of your asthma upon presentation and prior to the use of any steroid preparation is distinct from the control of your asthma.
Multiple medications may be needed to control your asthma. Determine the triggers, avoid smoke and obtain allergy/pulmonary function tests as part of your management and workup. Use good inhaler technique, a spacer device to deliver the inhaled meds

In brief: Mgt/workup

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Martin Morell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Well

If you feel winded, you definitively may have it.
Doctor should explain in detail about his findings.

In brief: Well

Dr. Martin Morell
Dr. Martin Morell
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology