What in your brain causes a short attention span?

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management
In brief: Short attention span
What was the question again? Just kidding.
It can be from a variety of things. I would suggest a good psychological evaluation that can evaluate for such conditions as adhd in conjunction with a good psychiatric consultation who can discuss treatment options.

In brief: Short attention span
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Executive manager
People with adhd have an inefficient brain manager. This problem leads to all the symptoms of adhd.
There are several sites in brain thought to be associated with this neural function. Prefrontal cortex, medial temporal lobes and other areas of brain are demonstrated to be underactive in adhd pts using imaging studies. These are highly vulnerable areas of brain, so injury hits these areas first.

In brief: Executive manager
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez