How long do disability payments last for someone who is a paranoid schizophrenic?

Dr. John Benson
In brief: How long: disability
How long to receive disability on the basis of a mental disorder varies from state to state.
In my california, the social sec. Or "ssi" office is seriously backed up, and my patients wait anywhere from 2 months [on the "fast" side!] to 2-5 years, once you go thru appeal process. The more evidence, old records, reports u can give ssi, the better. Schizophrenia, serious illness lesser time maybe.

In brief: How long: disability
Dr. John Benson
Dr. John Benson
Dr. Andrew Ho
In brief: Can be indefinite
Or permanent, which means once it starts, the disability can continue until the person recovers and become able to go back to work again.
Lots of paperwork and review involved to get on permanent disability, but worth doing to help someone who needs it.

In brief: Can be indefinite
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho