I am 30 years old with sickle cell retinopathy. Would saptamrita lauha be effective in clearing my vitreous hemorrhage. A indian herbal treatment.

Pathology

In brief: Adjunct only

You would be making a terrible mistake to rely only on a "traditional herb" for such a serious illness.
Start with evidence-based treatment that is your right in the 21st century.

In brief: Adjunct only

Dr. Tarik Hadid
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Not known!

In saptamrita lauha as in many other herbal supplements, there are not enough research available to confirm or refute its effectiveness.
In uncommon diseases such as sickle cell retinopathy- related vitreous hemorrhage, conducting such a research is difficult to conduct.

In brief: Not known!

Dr. Tarik Hadid
Dr. Tarik Hadid
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine