I have a sore throat, bad cough, coughing up mucus headaches, ear fullness/pain/throbbing, weak body, nausea/some vomiting. Is it viral or bacterial?

Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Viral

It is most likely viral given that you are young and a non-smoker. Since you are pregnant I would see your family doctor or urgent care to be evaluated to make sure and get treatment if needed.

In brief: Viral

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Virus

Viral upper respiratory infections usually start in the throat, spread to the nose and in some cases down to the windpipe and bronchial tubes.
If symptoms last longer than 10 days or with fever, shaking chills, sweats or worsening cough antibiotics and a check up for pneumonia are advisable. Until then a mild cough syrup and gargling with warm salt water is soothing.

In brief: Virus

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Arnon Rubin