I have a wrist fracture near the thumb. The fracture is small but i put my wrist in cast. I am 18 years. Will this work? Or i need a surgery?

Dr. Karen Johnston-Jones
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

A picture of your x-ray is really necessary for any orthopaedic surgeon or upper extremity surgeon to have any idea what to advise on this manner. The scaphoid is a wrist bone on the thumb side that is notorious for being a difficult bone to heal, while a chip fracture off other bones on the thumb side can be significant only in that they indicate ligament injury (sprain).

In brief: Depends

Dr. Karen Johnston-Jones
Dr. Karen Johnston-Jones
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine