Did freud invent the term a defense mechanism?

In brief: Yes: Anna!
In "the ego and the mechanisms of defense, " sigmund freud's daughter anna outlined the defenses.
She also showed how they hide from you the anxiety of confronting your weaknesses.

In brief: Yes: Anna!
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Joseph Roosth
In brief: Interesting?
The etymology of the word defense dates from around 1300 ce from what i can tell.
Defense mechanism plays an important role in freudian psyhoanalytic teachings and dates from about 1913. It has been parlayed into many other roles that have nothing to do with id, ego etc, but I do believe freud deserves most of the credit for our modern use of the term.

In brief: Interesting?
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Mark Pack