I have a marginal placenta previa at 20 weeks. My midwife recommends pelvic rest and no intercourse. Is masturbation okay?

In brief: See answer

This is a question you should definitely discuss with your doctor and/or midwife who are most familiar with you and your condition.
Masturbation and orgasm are associated with uterine contraction which potentially may put you and your baby at risk of bleeding or other complications. Always best to heed the advice of your personal healthcare providers who are most familiar with you.

In brief: See answer

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: No

No intercourse, no sexual stimulation at all means pelvic rest.
You should speak to your midwife if you have questions or need clarification of his/her instructions, good luck.

In brief: No

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Jane Van Dis