Can I take lysine to decrease my herpes outbreak?

Yes. Lysine can be helpful in some people. I usually recommend oral antiviral therapy for prophylaxis if outbreaks are >4/year.
Maybe yes; unproven. There are some non-medical "treatments" such as lysine that may lower the frequency of outbreaks, and some over-the-counter medications that can help with healing of cold sores. There are usually only a handful of research studies on each product, which doesn't mean much in the medical world. A patient can collect information and visit his doctor to see if any of the "treatments" are worth trying.