Can ear irrigation be done at home to clean out wax? I had my ear cleaned out two weeks ago at doctor wax is back not allowed to use qtip wax removal

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine

In brief: You Bet, Fairly Easy

Best: simply work shampoo into ear canals, with little finger tip, each time you shampoo your hair. Helps to pull pina back with opposite hand behind head while working in the soap.
The wax will be softened by the shampoo ; work out. The usual medical tool for mechanical wax removal is 3 mm od buck ear curette, but not good if cannot see ; don't know anatomy. Q-tip too big, pushes wax further in.

In brief: You Bet, Fairly Easy

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Debrox

There is a kit over the counter called debrox kit which has a wax softener, and saline for ear irrigation.

In brief: Debrox

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. Steven Seres