Is there legal action I can take against someone for infecting with herpes?

Dr. Peterson Pierre
Dermatology

In brief: Herpes

I am not an attorney but i doubt there is anything you can do.
Herpes is so prevalent in the us (95% of the population has been exposed to it) that it's almost impossible to avoid. Because it's so common, it would be very difficult to prove where you got it from.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Peterson Pierre
Dr. Peterson Pierre

In brief: Maybe

Legal issues are very complex.
One can do some internet research to see what disease transmissions have been prosecuted in courts, under what circumstances, and with what kind of verdicts. A personal injury lawyer, a district attorney's office, a small claims court community assistant, or other more knowledgeable people may be of help. One might have to prove negligence, intent, damages, etc...

In brief: Maybe

Legal issues are very complex.