How quick to recover after corneal foreign body injury?

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Ophthalmology

In brief: 48 to 72 hrs

Depending on the size, depth and cause of the foreign body injury will determine how long it takes to heal.
Some foreign bodies can be removed with a simple cotton tip, others may require a "burr" or small drill to remove the foreign body. I will usually put my patients on antibiotic drops for 3-5 days after removing the foreign body to prevent an infection.

In brief: 48 to 72 hrs

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Cornea healing

Cornea heals real fast (hours to a day, some exeptions occurs).
Recovery depend on symptoms (pain, irritation on the cornea, visual acuity, redness) and degree of injury. Consult with your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Cornea healing

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Arnon Rubin