I am on prednisone an, d plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) for rheumatoid arthritis. I woke up with a horrible headache and my eyes hurt to move them around. Is this serious?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: HA ; eye issues

I am not certain whether your headache and eye troubles have to do with either rheumatoid arthritis or any medication you listed.
Plaquvenil is known to affect the retina of the eye but in a more chronic fashion rather than acute. You may be having a migraine headache or another type of headache (cluster) but without further questioning and examining you, it's hard to tell. Don't delay, go see doc.

In brief: HA ; eye issues

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrea Brand