How long could you have chest pressure before a heart attack?

Don't wait too long. Time is muscle! That means the longer you wait with chest pain the more heart muscle could die. If you have typical chest pain or pressure radiating to your jaw or neck that does not go away with rest you may be having a heart attack. Nausea, sweating, and crushing chest pain are the common symptoms. 5 minutes of chest pain is plenty to start worrying about.
Varies. Chest pain due to blockage without heart damage usually lasts 5-10 minutes then it goes away. This is angina pectoris. Prolonged pain of the same type often lasts 30 minutes or more during a heart attack. It is rare for pain to last much over an hr or two without relief. Some folks have painless heart attacks.