What do you advise if i've been constipated for 4 days with only 1 bowel movement should I take milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide)?

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith

In brief: Milk of Mag

This may work for you, but may not be "enough" -- I suggest citrate of magnesia or Miralax (polyethylene glycol) as a better temporary solution.
Along with a dulcolax or two tablets.

In brief: Milk of Mag

Along with a dulcolax or two tablets.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Liquids only

And take a tbspoon of mom and mineral oil every 12 hours.
Should clean out in 24-48 hours. If stool in rectum use glycerine suppository or fleet enema (sodium bisphosphate) from below. Do not eat solid food untlil you are completely cleaned out and avoid getting to this point in the future by eating and drinking properly.

In brief: Liquids only

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. William Forsythe