Doppler or echo better for detecting aortic regurgitation?

Aortic regurg & echo. Echocardiography (echo) is an ultrasound machine used to evaluate the heart including the valves. Doppler is part of the exam that includes both color flow and pulse wave. These help the md assess the degree of leaking of the valve based on various measurements. Usually rated as mild, moderate, or severe. Usually, only when severe does something need to be done.
Doppler During Echo. Doppler imaging of the aortic outflow tract during an echocardiogram is the standard. One can often see the ar jet from multiple views, including the parasternal view, as illustrated in the image i attached, etc. The apical view is typically best because the ultrasound beam, from which the doppler frequency shift is recorded, is better aligned with blood flow within the aortic outflow tract.
Same thing. . These terms refer to parts of the same test.