The pain of my wisdom tooth is starting to hurt more as it's growing, what should I do?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your dentist

Sometimes wisdom teeth are valuable asset when healthy and properly aligned, but more often, they are misaligned, painful and require removal.
The removal of wisdom teeth is one of the most common procedures. See your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and definitive treatment.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Also, very often, wisdom teeth do not require removal
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Oral surgeon

Oral surgeon. At your age, the tooth probably requires removal.

In brief: Oral surgeon

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See a dentist

See a dentist to determine whether or not that wisdom tooth (as well as the other three), need to be removed.
If the tooth is coming in straight and there will be enough room for it to erupt, and not likely to pose any future problems, your dentist can suggest palliative treatment meanwhile.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Arnon Rubin